About the job
The Compounding Supervisor will perform supervisory and technical duties related to planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising the day-to-day operations of the compounding department. Will assist team with issuing and compounding equipment and processes. As well as perform a variety of practiced and involved technical duties related to the daily preparation, issuing and compounding of products requiring detailed knowledge of Modere’s proprietary formulations.
What you will be doing
- Enforce current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain a food handlers permit, current forklift, HAZMAT, and confined space entry and rescue certifications
- Oversee daily operations of the on-site issuing and compounding of Modere’s proprietary formulations
- Provide training to issuing and compounding team on equipment and operations pertaining to their level of responsibility
- Follow Modere's training policies, create team training paths and monitor performance
- Circulate throughout the department as needed to help resolve problems, maintain effective team and co-worker relations
- Inform operations management team of problems or concerns throughout the shift including staff or manufacturing processing related issues
- Provide motivation to the team
- Conduct staff meetings and facilitate ongoing solution-finding processes
- Assist Operations management in improving issuing and blending systems, safety, quality control and performance management
- Communicate issuing and compounding needs and issues to supervisors, managers and other teams as needed
- Ensure safe work environment; implement safety practices and procedures; monitor team performance for safety
- Make informed-choices where established procedures do not always apply
- Maintain production schedule(s) for various products: monitor production status through Baan; initiate action as needed to expedite the issuing and blending of products to meet delivery schedules. Prepare activity plans for assigned compounding tanks and oversees area priorities
- Effectively process raw materials to avoid product expirations and waste; utilize established lead times and weekly orders
- Ensure the accuracy of documentation of various forms required for area of operation including manufacturing batch records, tote or container identification tags, cleaning and usage logs, cleaning tags etc.
- Monitor cleaning processes to ensure the procedures are being performed accurately and the area is kept organized
- Coordinate with quality assurance personnel or trained qualified personnel daily as needed to receive authorization for operation and production; assure timely certification that equipment and machines have been cleaned and readied for new runs to prevent product contamination and rejections
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience
- Supervisory experience
- 3+ years experience working in compounding
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Location: Salem, Utah
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?