Manager, Global Pricing
About the job
The Manager will help analyze our sales model across the core-markets for Modere with a special emphasis on Pricing, Promotions and Product Analysis. This role will provide on-going quantitative analyses of our overall sales operations at Modere. Part analytics, technical, and storyteller – this individual must have the capacity to glean insights from a myriad of data sources including our data warehouses, digital marketing, and other sources including new ones while being able to communicate them in easy to grasp and actionable methods that help drive decisions. In this role, you will be responsible for generating insights from data, building dashboards that help internal teams and regions improve how they operate, and help to answer the longer-term sales strategy questions.
What you will be doing
- Provide pricing analysis at a global level taking into account demographic, market, historical and other sources of data to generate the best pricing parity globally across 5 regions (Europe, North America, Japan, India and Australasia).
- Analyze promotions and pricing trends in a timely manner while ensuring that we adhere to corporate strategy and ensure market specific parameters.
- Maintain standard sales reports including promotion post-mortem, product analytics, region and companywide with a focus on North America and Australasia.
- Coordinate with Product and Global Marketing to determine how new products will influence market basket mix in the field for new product launches.
- Develop a department database that captures historical results and ROI of promotions and strategies in all regions.
- Develop a department database that has the pricing schemes globally and the corresponding product systems globally.
- Lead the design, development, maintenance, and delivery of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses and dashboards. Establish monthly cadenced business reporting.
- Partner effectively across various organizations (Finance, Data, Digital Enablement) to drive insights for the business and help develop new models as needed.
- Structure ambiguous problems with the team – allowing them to drive to solutions.
- Support the Revenue Organization to understand the data needs of the teams, report on that data and drive impactful insights.
- Take on analyses/projects assigned by the VP, providing detailed explanations as requested.
- Prepare materials for Management committees, including board materials and monthly promotion calendars.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Strong attention to detail and leadership guiding junior staff members.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (vlookups, data manipulation, automation, macros).
- Beginner SQL, analytical skills using various tools including (SQL, webfocus, python/r, PowerBI).
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to understand and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Capable project manager that can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines.
- Team player and able to effectively communicate with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- 3-5 years of pricing experience
- 1-2 years of product promotion experience
- Fluency in a second language such as French, Italian, Russian or German preferred
- Location: Remote
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?