- Business Analyst, North America
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Customer Service Representative - Italian Speaking
- Customer Service Representative- French Speaking
- Maintenance Technician
- Managing R&D Scientist, Personal Care & Household
- Senior Formulator, Health & Wellness
- Senior Manager of Field Development
- Tax Manager
- Training & Development Specialist, Customer Service
Business Analyst, North America
About the job
The Business Analyst will use their excellent analytical and communication skills to reconcile business challenges with technological or procedural solutions, in order to represent our brand in a positive and innovative way. Will apply experience and knowledge to form the bridge between our US and Canadian based e-commerce business needs and our Global IT stakeholders’ strategies, within a highly innovative company poised for growth in one of the most rapidly changing industries. This team member will also develop leadership skills by interacting with many counterparts around the world and be part of an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where you are encouraged to propose out-of-box ideas and challenge the status quo.
What you will be doing
- Analyze and document bugs, enhancements and new features according to Modere’s business specifications and assure they meet current objectives. Clarify this with the Operations team and ensure proactive planning with our IT stakeholders.
- Provide communication on project status to internal teams and Social Marketers.
- Document and perform gap analysis for AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Coordinate the web and infrastructure releases together with the internal IT Product team.
- Perform functional acceptance testing to ensure highest levels quality.
- Monitor post go-live releases (fixes, enhancements and new features), and proactively identify improvements on both the internal and the customer side.
- Perform impact assessments on information and systems.
- Build bridges between customers, Social Marketers, internal teams and departments.
- Provide training for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Create a culture of innovation, continuous process improvement and change acceptance.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with customers directly and fostering relationships of trust.
- Knowledge of data entry and project management best practices, as well as knowledge or interest in learning Agile Project Management and IT cycles.
- Attention to detail and thorough documentation practices.
- Experience in conducting tests in test or stage environment; writing test cases and troubleshooting in production environment.
- Experience with defining technical requirements and translating customer expectations into detailed technical statements.
- Growth mindset, constantly striving to learn and improve, and eager to solve customer issues.
- Strong analytical sills, excellent time-management and a “can do” attitude.
- At ease in fast-paced, changing environment and work well with ambiguity.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Location: Springville, Utah
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?