- Business Analyst, North America
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Customer Service Representative - Italian Speaking
- Customer Service Representative- French Speaking
- Maintenance Technician
- Managing R&D Scientist, Personal Care & Household
- Senior Formulator, Health & Wellness
- Senior Manager of Field Development
- Tax Manager
- Training & Development Specialist, Customer Service
Managing R&D Scientist, Personal Care & Household
About the job
The Managing R&D Scientist is responsible for providing all product-related content to the Product team, as well as managing the personal care team. We maintain great product breadth across the nutrition market, with many products at various stages of development in the pipeline. This individual is responsible for leading all aspects of product formulation, process scale up and support of existing personal care and household products. Effectively managing the PC/HH R&D team and working with the product development team in the creation of effective and innovative products will be a large part of this job. This amazing individual will provide the leadership, management, formulation expertise, documentation skills, and technical insight required to develop and maintain a broad range of products. This individual will work in a player/ coach capacity, ensuring projects are prioritized and conducted in a timely manner, with a strong quality and within Modere’s quality expectations. In this capacity, the managing scientist will work under the direction of the R&D Director and will train and manage the R&D staff.
What you will be doing
- Manage the personal care team, assigning projects and priorities to meet overall company objectives.
- Present product concepts, delivery systems and packaging ideas to Product Team.
- Work with the Product team to create innovative products on time and within budget.
- Formulate a variety of personal care products for domestic and international markets.
- Document work in laboratory notebook and corporate files.
- Conduct AER reviews.
- Evaluate ongoing product effectiveness.
- Train on and ensure understanding of the team in the use of the stage gate process and the details of each step of the process.
- Provide training and guidance to all team members.
- Ensure all required testing is conducted on formulas including botanical ID, stability, preservative efficacy (PET), safety, performance testing, etc.
- Participate on the stability team and communicate formula stability and efficacy results and issues promptly and thoroughly.
- Provide routine and timely project assignment updates to management.
- Act as the Safety Officer for the Personal Care Team.
- Maintain the lab and all instrumentation.
- Oversee pilot and first production batches and write detailed batching procedures to ensure batch reproducibility.
- Resolve formulation and manufacturing issues for new and existing products.
- Work with Product team to identify consumer needs and target new and innovative product ideas.
- Answer technical questions from market staff and consumers.
- Define formula specifications for finished goods based on country requirements.
- Suggest ways to improve profitability and operational efficiency.
- Conduct development activities with high integrity and quality, complying with departmental and corporate procedures, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- 8+ years working in an industry environment with management experience.
- M.S. in Chemistry or related science preferred.
- 5+ years working in a personal care manufacturing environment, preferably as a formulator.
- Experience running pilot equipment and performing scale up.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including GMP.
- Must be able to travel when required.
- Location: Springville, UT
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?