About the job
The Tax Manager will perform a variety of professional and supervisory duties as needed to plan, organize and coordinate Modere domestic and international tax structuring and compliance functions.
What you will be doing
- Participate as a member of the finance department management team to assists in the implementation and accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives
- Manage and perform various compliance functions including the preparation of annual U.S. tax income filings and distributor reporting forms. Assists with the calculation and payment of estimated income tax payments. Assist with the preparation of property tax filings
- Assist with the preparation of the annual income tax provision required for the annual financial statements. Prepares the monthly tax provisions required for the monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Oversee the annual tax compliance process of the international markets including the monitoring of deadlines and schedules
- Analyze taxation issues and works with Sr. Tax Director to develop methods to reduce overall corporate tax liability; assists with transfer pricing calculations and assists with the preparation of annual transfer pricing documentation. Works with outside consultants as needed to obtain needed information. Assists with the structuring of US and international transactions
- Monitor customs and duty issues; analyzes issues to determine methods and approaches to lower duty expenses. Monitor to ability to claim duty drawback payments
- Monitor domestic and international tax law to keep abreast of tax law changes affecting the Company
- Monitor and review corporate domestic sales tax filings and payments. Manage the duties of the sales tax accountant. Monitors the international compliance process for the filing and payment of VAT for our international companies
- Perform related duties as required
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related field; AND five (5) years of experience in tax compliance and tax accounting; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- Knowledge of professional accounting standards, US generally accepted accounting, and laws and regulations pertaining to domestic and international tax law and reporting
- Knowledge of network marketing systems is a plus
- Location: Springville, Utah
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?