About the job
The R&D Technician will perform a variety of formulating duties. This team member will also assist in developing and testing new products and maintenance of current products. Will be responsible for providing the main assistance with ingredients, to include specifications, sourcing secondary sources, testing ingredients and developing a database for ingredients. Will be responsible for CHM specifications, documentation and warehousing. Will work with R&D personnel on creating manufacturing flow charts for new product and refining processes.
What you will be doing
- Populate and maintain the ingredient database and applicable documentation.
- Assist with developing secondary manufacturers and suppliers of ingredients for existing and new products.
- On location for Qualification batches when applicable.
- Assist with scale up and benchtop formulas in laboratory.
- Test stability of new products including colorimetry, pH, viscosity, and quantitative data gathering.
- Request Ingredient (CHM) information including required documentation, Tier pricing and lead times.
- Create and maintain raw material CHM specification.
- Create CCRs pertaining to CHM ingredients.
- Store, organize and maintain CHM ingredient document folders.
- Prepare master formulas for new or revised products to assist Scientist.
- Meet with chemical vendors, as needed.
- Order sample chemicals.
- Attend meetings relating to product development, as needed.
- Participate as a team member, support the company mission and vision and contribute to the pursuit of the company’s goals.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Associate degree or 3 years’ experience in laboratory, R&D and/or Production field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of production machinery including mixing tanks, blenders, Mills, HTST, stick pack is preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including GMP.
- Must be able to travel when required.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?