About the job
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the design and development of packaging for consumer products, personal care, supplements and cosmetics from concept to production. This team member will analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container. Consult with Purchasing and Manufacturing to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging. Develop or direct development of sketches, specifications, samples and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval. Validate and qualify new packaging, packaging processes and equipment. Lead sustainable packaging efforts for Modere. Be a back-up for label management. In this capacity, the packaging engineer will work full-time under the direction of the R&D Director.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate package design between Product, Marketing, Operations, Sourcing, Quality, R&D and vendors.
- Specify production packaging equipment for both liquid and solid dosage products.
- Provide hands on technical support to both liquid and solid dosage packaging operations.
- Evaluate manufacturing/packaging flow logistics and capacities.
- Organize and provide meaningful technical documentation to assist in the repeatability and quality of the company’s products throughout the packaging process.
- Lead Modere’s sustainable packaging efforts.
- Provide back-up assistance for label management.
- Conduct development activities with high integrity and quality, complying with departmental and corporate procedures, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- 5+ years direct experience in packaging design, coordination and specification of consumer products, personal care, cosmetics or nutrition packaging.
- B.S. in Engineering or related science preferred.
- Experience with label management preferred.
- In depth understanding of the correct applications of packaging materials and container/closure design as required for personal care, supplement, cosmetics products, including product stability, ease of use, appearance, etc.
- Ability to publish various technical and professional documents including operating/training procedures.
- Ability to convey simple and complex concepts to co-workers through visual or verbal means.
- Ability to perform technical presentation to an individual or a group.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including GMP.
- Must be able to travel when required.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?