Senior R&D Scientist
About the job
The Senior R&D Scientist is responsible for all aspects of product formulation, process scale up and providing support for existing nutritional supplements. Working with the product development team in the creation of effective and innovative products will be a large part of this job. This amazing individual will provide the formulation expertise, documentation skills, and technical insight required to develop and maintain a broad range of nutritional dietary supplements. In this capacity, the scientist will work under the direction of the R&D Director and will assist with mentoring R&D staff.
What you will be doing
- Work with the Product team to create innovative products on time and within budget.
- Formulate a variety of nutritional dietary supplements for domestic and international markets.
- Document work in laboratory notebook and corporate files.
- Assist with AER review.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the stage gate process and the details of each step of the process.
- Provide training and guidance to all team members.
- Ensure all required testing is conducted on formulas including botanical ID, nutritional, stability, preservative efficacy (PET), safety, performance testing, etc.
- Participate on the stability team and communicate formula stability and efficacy results and issues promptly and thoroughly.
- Provide routine and timely project assignment updates to management.
- Maintain the lab and all instrumentation.
- Participate in pilot and first production batches and write detailed batching procedures to ensure batch
- Resolve formulation and manufacturing issues for new and existing products.
- Work with Product team to identify consumer needs and target new and innovative product ideas.
- Stay abreast of new technology and market trends by reading technical literature, trade journals and magazines, researching competitive products, meeting with chemical suppliers, and attending courses, trade shows and/or technical conferences.
- Work with Product and Regulatory teams to define key performance indicators and claims (i.e., shine, color deposition, foam quality, etc.) for new products and identify benchmarks against which to evaluate performance.
- Prepare formula documentation and product presentations.
- Answer technical questions from market staff and consumers.
- Define formula specifications for finished goods based on country requirements.
- Prepare change controls for new formulations and products.
- Conduct development activities with high integrity and quality, complying with departmental and corporate procedures, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Skills and experience we would like to see
M.S. in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry or related science preferred. Looking for someone with 7+ years working in a nutraceutical environment and 5+ years working in a nutrition manufacturing environment, preferably as a formulator.
- Experience running pilot equipment and performing scale up.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards including GMP.
- Must be able to travel when required.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?