Director of Product and R&D
About the job
The Director of Product and R&D will be responsible for providing all product-related content to creative and marketing teams, as well as directing & managing the Product & Research and Development teams. We maintain great product breadth across the nutritional and personal care market, with many more products at various stages of development in the pipeline. The responsibilities of this job require someone who is not only an exceptional communicator across both creative and scientific languages, but also enjoys both conversations equally. As Director of Product, you will be able to show off your talents for multitasking, communication, and injecting creativity and detail into every project. You will be required to simultaneously prepare for, develop, and manage multiple projects at once in order to achieve business goals.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the development of 3-yr product roadmap that includes both US product offerings aligned to new business model, and support for international markets in a traditional MLM capacity.
- Collaborate with Market GM’s as “clients”, helping shape product development priorities for markets. Connect product strategies and sales support tools to market business plans and goals.
- Consider market cultural nuances and consumption behaviors during the product development process. Consider the impact of both MLM and retail marketing strategies on product development, pricing and promotion recommendations.
- Present product concepts, delivery systems and packaging ideas to creative and marketing teams.
- Be proficient in all facets of the StageGate process to ensure appropriate product introductions into product roadmap.
- Initiate product concepts into StageGate through proper research and business planning.
- Provide all product-related content to creative and marketing teams, as well as external agency support resources, for creation of product collateral and other. Evaluate ongoing product effectiveness.
- Support Corporate and Market sales forecasting efforts.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Product Marketing to design a promotional calendar that strategically aligns to projected sales growth targets and product roadmap.
- Determine consumer Value Proposition(s) and Preferences.
- Work with Vice President of Product Marketing to drive product bundles/sales promotional opportunities through marketing calendar.
- Direct product inquiries to appropriate market/sales support resources.
- Determine effective product development lifecycle sunset strategies.
- Suggest ways to improve profitability and operational efficiency.
- Facilitate competitive benchmarking and provide VP of Product Marketing succinct analysis.
- Assist in determining pricing tolerances and unit economics.
- Evaluate and optimize ongoing consumer and distributor purchasing behaviors.
- Responsible for Managing both Product and R&D teams and projects associated to development and maintenance of projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- 8-10+ years experience with nutritional care products, personal care products, cosmetics or household products.
- Understand and utilize change control processes.
- Work effectively with other department leaders, including Sales, Project Management, Creative and Agency Support resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional project management skills/experience.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?