Executive Assistant to CEO
About the job
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. Will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. Will serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. Must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Also have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
What you will be doing
This team member will complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including, but not limited to:
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, Social Marketers, customers and others, on matters related to CEO's initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of Executive Committee meetings and off-sites, and Open Mic meetings
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnerships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?