Vice President of Product Marketing
ABOUT THE JOB
Performs a variety of research, product development, ingredient evaluations, and technical duties to plan, organize, and direct the Product organization. Oversees the scientific functions of the company, including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new processes, technologies or products. Like other jobs for top executives, this management position combines discipline-specific knowledge with leadership and business skills to promote the efficiency, profitability and competitive position of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Oversees Product Marketing Department – Product and R&D
- Design and execute a comprehensive Product plan for the development of the Company’s proprietary and non-proprietary technologies by combining elements of customer satisfaction with a rapid development process.
- Responsible for Product Road Map and Launch Calendar
- Work with Sales team to achieve product launches that align with the overall strategy.
- Manage existing collaborations, including key strategic corporate partnerships e.g. Marketing, Analytical Sciences, Modere Science Advisory Board and create new commercial and scientific collaborations to expand the company’s technologies.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives.
- Develop and execute the Company’s Product goals and objectives to achieve the plans and timelines. Develop and implement budgets for capital expenditures and labor.
- Manage the Product Marketing team, leading by example, i.e. with a "hands on" management style. Drive the Product projects, ensuring budget, timeline, staffing and other corporate/program goals are met.
- Represent the Product Marketing team on the general management in partnership discussions, and in external relationships and conferences.
- Manage and safeguard the Company’s intellectual properties. Assess external technologies and integrate new technologies into the Company’s platform through strategic alliances and sponsored research.
- Provides scientific support of products, ingredients and other product components including their safety profile and claim support, as well as provide scientific support for products complaints. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Modere Social Marketers and Elite Leaders.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years management experience of increasing levels of responsibility within an R&D organization, inc. developing and managing R&D strategic and operating plans and budgets, and building and recruiting a team.
- Experience managing collaborative relationships and strategic alliances.
- Experienced leader with proven results in making authoritative business decisions, executing decisions, and accounting for results.
- Experience in presenting scientific findings and program results to management, investors and in scientific meetings.
- Demonstrated prior success in operating within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in leading collaborative efforts with other functional groups (e.g. manufacturing, marketing, QA/QC, regulatory).
- Ability to effectively network with colleagues both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work effectively/lead in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to combine disparate information into a decision making process in order to set direction, implement programs, and monitor/guide processes and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely across diverse groups and create shared understandings.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated skill to influence and negotiate both internally and externally.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Build brand. Define culture. Shape business. Create products. Inspire people. Transform industry.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?