About the job
The senior copywriter is an experienced and nimble wordsmith and natural storyteller, able to capture the brand voice in all mediums, from high-concept marketing initiatives to punchy taglines. An excellent listener who can give, receive, and readily assimilate constructive feedback will thrive in this role.
A minimum 5 years copywriting experience in a corporate environment AND 4+ years experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Health & wellness consumables, nutritional/nutraceuticals, beauty, personal care, and/or household consumer products categories.
- Direct selling industry.
- Network marketing industry.
Please apply only if you meet this criteria and can present a professional portfolio of relevant samples.
What you will be doing
- Write and edit fresh, engaging, on-brand copy for catalogs, blitz cards, web content, product stories, video scripts, promotional emails and newsletters, editorials, PR, infographics and all forms of social media.
- Effectively take and implement direction from department directors and senior executive management.
- Independently research and develop original content when required.
- Display a solid understanding of marketing principles and brand/product positioning strategies.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines by prioritizing efficiently.
- Successfully collaborate on a multitude of projects with creative and cross-functional staff including graphic designers, videographers, media specialists, product development, legal and regulatory affairs, events, operations, and customer service.
- Consistently create clean, compelling copy free of spelling, grammatical and formatting errors.
- Learn and adhere to brand guidelines, steward the brand narrative and write in the brand voice with witty, sophisticated, clever, playful, helpful, authoritative, friendly, genuine and warm copy.
- Provide proofreading support.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility.
- The ideal candidate is inquisitive, driven, and passionate about the work. A flexible, collaborative mindset.
- Must present a portfolio showcasing published examples of short and long form copy for a variety of mediums
Build brand. Define culture. Shape business. Create products. Inspire people. Transform industry.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?