Regulatory Affairs Scientist (Springville, Utah)
About the job
This important position will assist in obtaining government approvals for Modere nutritional, personal care and other consumer products for sale in US and foreign markets. This person will also help the regulatory/scientific affairs staff with technical issues.
What you will be doing
- Research foods/drugs regulations and government guidelines to determine product licensing procedures and obtain government approvals
- Interface with various corporate divisions, government agencies, Modere international offices and regulatory/scientific experts
- Prepare recommendations on legal, regulatory and scientific issues impacting ingredients, product formulation, development, marketing and advertising of products and prepare scientific and technical documents for government submissions
- Responsible for development/review of product labeling/packaging and promotional literature, ensuring compliance with government requirements and regulations, company policies and industry standards
- Assist Director and other Regulatory/Scientific Affairs staff as needed on technical issues
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelor’s of Science, preferably in life or food science, nutrition, or related field. Candidates with a combination of education/certification and related work experience in a food/nutrition industry or regulatory affairs will also be considered.
- Fluency in a foreign language and an understanding of the MLM/Direct Selling industry is preferred.
- 2-5 years industry experience in regulatory affairs or quality assurance desired, with a preferred emphasis in dietary supplements or pharmaceutical products
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills with ability to interpret legal and technical specifications
- Must be willing to learn and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Project management skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines in a fast paced corporate environment
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, including strong organizational skills
- Able to communicate in a multi-cultural environment especially while discussing complex, technical issues with non-scientific personnel
- Proficient in MS Office programs
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?